Monday, 18 August 2014

GBBO 2014 - Biscuit Week

Last week, my friend Shazia and I challenged ourselves to bake something from one of our favourite TV shows, The Great British Bake Off. Our Swiss Rolls worked out a treat, which was a great way to start a series of bakes so this week, we were super motivated!

This week was biscuit week, so Shazia and I decided to try for savoury biscuits! Shazia did cheese biscuits and some really nice looking chutney. I decided to go with one of Mrs Beeton's classics and made some simple Crispy Crackers. With no photo to go with, I had no idea what they would look like when they were complete, so I put my trust in Mrs Beeton and this was the result:

Look! I made some spaceships! The biscuits all puffed up and looked like little pillows. No idea if that's how they should look, but that's what I got!

I made red onion chutney to go with my crispy cracker biscuits and cheese. Yaaay!

I'm pleased with this bake for a number of reasons. Firstly because Mrs Beeton's recipes still work really well. Secondly because I made biscuits basically out of 8oz flour and one egg yolk and some milk. And thirdly because it all came together properly, and I trusted my instincts to go with the flow. Hoorah!

I'm glad that Shazia and I are going on this baking adventure. Looking forward to next week already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)