Saturday, 2 August 2014

My Birthday 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I have been showered with love from my friends and family over the last week or so. Birthday celebration number 1, 2 and 3 was awesome, but I've managed to get the number celebrations up to seven! Here's what I got up to:

4 - Cake with Ricky - I met Ricky when he first came to uni in Manchester over 8 years ago when he was a mere fresher. I'm really glad that we still hang out, even after he completed his bachelors and PhD, and has moved back down south. He came up for a wedding and it coincided happily with my birthday weekend. This is blueberry and ginger cake from the Manchester Craft Village. 

5 - Curry with Rick and Ash. I know Rick and Ash from when I worked at the video game store for a brief spell. Rick was the assistant manager and Ash was the supervisor. After I left there, we kept in contact because having worked together, we knew we would have so much more fun outside of work! I'm so chuffed that I kept in contact with these two gentlemen, cos they are great! We had naan as big as your torso at East Z East and it was awesome!

6 - Shopping and Thai Buffet with Andy. You all know Andy - he's my classmate, Pop-Ups director, my awesome friend and fellow playworker. The few short years I've known him he has become one of my go to playwork peeps. It was lovely to spend some time with him for my birthday (he's normally really busy) and great to catch up about the world of play. We went to the Trafford Center and had went to ChaoBaby, mostly for unlimited Pad Thai.

7 - A Day with Nancy. I'm sure you all know my best mate Nancy. I've known her for 19 years, which seems crazy really given that we're both only turning 21 (AHEM). We decided to celebrate our birthdays together this year (her's is in August) and we went out on an adventure that started at Quarry Bank Mill and ended up at Piccolino in Manchester. We had all three courses of food and felt exceedingly full but mightily proud of ourselves for a day well spent, and a friendship well preserved. I love my Nancy. 

8 - Brunch with Ric and Rach. My friends Ric and Rach live in Guernsey. They only come to the main land 2 or 3 times a year but I usually see them every time. I've known Ric since college and with Rach, they make a lovely couple. They too came to Manchester for a wedding and was able to sneak in a quick meet up with me. Today we went to have brunch at Newbank Garden Center then had a good wander round indoors while it was pouring outside.

I think that this concludes my birthday celebrations for this year. Goodness me, I've been been so busy than I have this week, yet I've never quite felt so loved! Thank you all for being part of my birthday, and I hope that we can celebrate again for many more years to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)