Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Spiral Cake of Awesomeness :)

My lovely friend Nancy bought me an awesome birthday present - a bundt cake pan. This one to be exact. It is looks stunning, feels solid enough to survive a nuclear war, and so well made that I just want to stroke it - I love it so much!

So today, I decided to try it out! With yesterday's lesson in whisking under my belt, I knew that today's bake was going to be fine! :) Ten egg whites and much oil spray later with some help from my mum, I felt like I'd created something magical:

This is a plain Angel Food Cake with a dusting of icing sugar.

The inside was almost pure white. And no we hadn't eaten all that. I gave some to a neighbour :)

The cake was lovely - very light and fluffy, and almost melted on your tongue as you ate it. Everyone was very impressed but everyone also said it was a bit too sweet. I'll know for next time! I've never made this kind of cake before so I wasn't sure how things went, but I reckon I nailed it :) Hoorah! :) Next time, I might explore a unique taste and perhaps add some form of decoration. :)

Coincidentally my mum's friend was here and was very excited about the cake because her oldest daughter is called Angel. She took lots of photos. Hahaha.

Anyway, this was a very impressive bake which turned out much better than I thought it would! Hoorah! Thank you Nancy, and hoorah for amazing bakeware! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)