Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Blackberries

I joined mum and dad on their evening walk today in search of a bountiful supply of blackberries. They promised a large harvest of them in a nearby country lane so I grabbed a few plastic tubs and away we went.

Here we are, walking along. My parents walk really fast.

I have no idea what this is, but it kinda looks like a baby hedgehog is hatching. I think it's some sort of chestnut.

We found some teardrop shaped artwork along the way. 

And here we are, with our stash of blackberries! There were so many of them but we just picked a few, ready for the new week of Bake Off.

Foraging for blackberries was fun - I only got stung by a nettle once! :) The tiny dark purple fruits were really ripe so they were super juicy and sweet - I think I can see a pie in my future!

I'm sure that there will be more photos of the blackberries tomorrow but for now I'm signing off - very tired after all the walking today, tagged onto a day that was already pretty busy. I'm sure I'll sleep well - hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)