Thursday, 25 September 2014

Drawing on Conkers

My mum presented with a whole harvest of conkers today, and while they laid on my table, glistening at me as I worked, I kept envisioning myself doodling on them. So as soon as all the work was done, that's what I did:

I decided to draw a sheep, some leaves and a funny star motif. The sheep was harder to see so I picked it up.

Here they are again, a little closer. I like the star motif the best :)

It was so satisfying to draw on the conkers. I used a silver sharpie, but I'm guessing any silver permanent marker would do the trick. I remember last year around this time, I selected some leaves from the garden to draw on with a silver pen and that worked a treat too!

I'm not entirely sure what to do with all these conkers now, but I love having them around me during conker season. Maybe I'll take them on the train for my undercover play research. Oooo. Check back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)