Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Leeds and Back

Crossing over the Pennines this morning on the train made me feel pretty glum. I was already a little worried about what Fraser might say about the PhD work that I'd handed in, so as sunshine turned into clouds across the hills, I just got progressively more anxious about today's supervisory meeting.

Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. Work had been done to a good enough standard that I was greeted with a tiny symphony of agreeable oooh and ahhs. That's felt good: I think I'm doing it right at last!

So as the train trundled back across the Pennines and into the sunshine, I felt a lot more positive. It was nice to end the day on a high, and now the sun was shining too - added bonus!

This is the Manchester Wheel that's currently in Piccadilly Gardens while The Triangle is being renovated. It's pretty big actually. Ooo.

Day 2 - I have to be thankful for:
  • My PhD opportunity with a great supervisory team
  • Blue skies and sunshine
  • Food - the enjoyment and comfort of it which fills me with much happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)