Saturday, 27 September 2014

Return of the Wheat Sheaf

It's harvest time, and to celebrate this many churches have a service to celebrate the rich produce that God has provided us. My mum asked me to bake a wheat sheaf loaf, similar to last year's, which would compliment her lovely floral tribute to harvest for her church's harvest service tomorrow. I was really excited to make another wheat sheaf actually, so I took advantage of the opportunity, had a little bit of fun and created this:

Yaay, Wheat Sheaf 2014!

It takes around an hour and a half to make a simple bread dough and shape the dough to make the wheat sheaf. It's all down to creative innovation as to how you want to make the loaf in the end - scissors are quite useful for the ears of wheat, but the rest of it involve using those play dough skills we practiced when we were little! The loaf takes about 30 minutes to bake through, and then you want to leave it in the oven for a couple of hours at a low heat to dry out.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I wanted it to be a little bit bigger, but meh, this is fine. I love the colour, the shape, and the look. I'm also very glad that it all stayed together, and I hope that the congregation at my parent's church like this year's harvest loaf! :) Yaay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)