Thursday, 18 September 2014

Sushi and Conkers

I was invited to my friend Angel's house for tea today but in my rush around today, I didn't quite manage to fit a proper walk. So I parked up near Angel's house and walked around the block. It was a lovely warm evening, with hazy sunshine and a nice warm breeze. It almost felt like I was in a memory, like they do in the movies, where your past memories are slightly fuzzy around the edges, and everything is misty. In my state of reverie, it took me a moment to realise that I was surrounded by the unmistakable evidence of  there being conkers about! And so I started hunting:

Hoorah for conkers - they were sooo big and so many! It was very clear to me that no children lived in this neighbourhood at all!

Clutching my Autumn harvest, I arrived at Angel's house to be greeted with a spectacular array - we were spoiled tonight! (I may have abandoned my conkers somewhere.)

So much sushi, so much deliciousness!

She helpfully provided us with a blowtorch, in case you know, we wanted to set fire to our sushi. It was possibly a mistake because we just started setting fire to everything. And I absolutely did. The house is still in one piece by the way, so don't worry.

Here's Fiona with the blowtorch. Some of you might find this hilarious, because I did.

I had a lovely evening in great company. We talked about everything under the sun, and laughed with eachother. Full to the brim with food and filled completely with laughter and enjoyment, we went home. What a lovely evening, hoorah!

Day 3 - I have to be thankful for:

  • The friendships I have made which have stood the test of time.
  • All of my senses - sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing, and that abstract one, feeling
  • The joy of discovery, and the beauty of little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)