Thursday, 23 October 2014

An Unexpected Adventure

After a busy week in London, I was mildly surprised to find myself driving towards Blackpool on an unexpected adventure with a new friend. Let me explain. My new friend Kylie came to visit the UK from Australia and got in touch with me so we could hang out and talk about play. Having done a lot of our chatting about play and having visited a scrapstore, we got a-talking about Australia. Then somehow we got talking about beaches, and I suggested that maybe we go to see a UK beach to compare to one Down Under... and then we set off to Blackpool! Hoorah!

This is Kylie. We were being super British and having afternoon tea :)

And then we went to Blackpool on a seemingly average grey day. Again, super British.

And then the weather turned and we ended up with gorgeous sunset - hoorah! A gift, just for Kylie!

Look at how lovely this is!

And of course I had to show off UK's best light show - the Blackpool Illuminations! This train looks amazing! :)

It's cheesy, I know, but I love Blackpool. I love the tat, I love how it's not changed for decades, I love how it's so quintessentially British that it makes me swell with pride. 

Kylie actually really enjoyed herself too. I want to make it clear that we both agreed to the trip and I didn't just force her there against her will - we had a great time, walked on the beach, ate fish and chips and cooed at the illuminations. It was a lovely trip, interspersed with great talk about play. I love my work, and I love my work so much more when I meet lovely people and then have random fun too! Thank you for the strange and wonderful day, Kylie! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the UK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)