Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Pasta and Postcards

Pasta
Today, my mum and I thought we'd try our hand at making fresh pasta. We figured that since there's only 2 ingredients to something, we can't possibly get it too wrong. Turns out that while it's very simple to do, rolling out the pasta was a bit strenuous. I see why people have pasta rolly machines now - that dough is pretty tough!

Anyway, after a lot of debate about the shape of pasta we would make (we ended up with straight noodle-type ones) and a lot of huffing and puffing while rolling out the pasta, we had a delightful bowl of homemade pasta each:

Ta dah! Homemade meatballs and sauce with homemade pasta! 

So we didn't quite get the pasta thin enough on our first attempt. As you can see, they were pretty fat. But they tasted great and despite taking twice as long to cook, it was actually a great texture and really satisfying to eat. I'd say that's a win in my book. There might be a lot of homemade pasta in my future! :)

Postcards
My friend Ric is awesome. He emailed me with a postal idea involving sending one postcard a day in the month of October which I immediately wanted to be part of. So today is the first day of our Postcardtober (I'm experimenting) and I'm excited. I love having reasons to send post, even if the reason is that someone else is sending them too.

I think I might chronicle each postcard here. I think the photo will speak for itself really.

I reckon I had quite a productive day today! Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day - Morgan will arrive and it will be time for fun! After she's had a good sleep :) More soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)