Sunday, 4 January 2015

Stamps from Everywhere

For a long time, I have been squirreling away a collection of stamps. This collection wasn't started intentionally - I know a local charity that collects old stamps so I have been donating my stamps for a long time. But then I realised that I have been blessed with quite a lot of post over the course of my 30 years, resulting in my obtaining a lot of stamps from all over the world. So I started saving all the interesting ones for myself, and donating the doubles or the boring ones. I haven't really thought much about the ever growing collection until today when my favourite old person, Frank, gave me some stamps that he got over the Christmas period:

There are 2 stamps from Germany, 1 from New Zealand (it's Bard!), 1 from the US and 4 from Australia! And they're all so pretty!

Having spent a lot of time with boring 1st and 2nd class stamps in the UK I always forget how lovely stamps can be! And when I consulted my collection of stamps, I was reminded that even UK stamps are pretty too!

My favourite stamps include the crazy fruit face ones (from the UK), the really nice Chinese one that says "Cow" (from Canada) and also the electric tram stamps (from Singapore).

When I look at all these stamps, they make me feel very happy, very blessed. People took the time to send me post with those stamps on - how lovely! These stamps don't include the many that I have still attached to postcards! I didn't want to destroy my precious postcards by peeling off the stamp, so the above collection represents letters I have received over the years. Thank you to all the people who have sent me post over the years, and continue to send me post now - you are all amazing and thoughtful, and postcards will likely arrive at your homes soon :) Hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)