Thursday, 12 March 2015

Back to The Land

One of the many people we met on our US tour last year was our Japanese friend Sachi. She is currently on a UK adventure with her husband and two children, and wanted to meet up with me as she made her way around the country. I met the four at Wrexham today to visit The Land, Plas Madoc's Adventure Playground. Here are some photos of what we got up to before it rained too hard for my camera to be out:

My little friend Christian was there to give us a tour. Yes, it still costs 5p.

There is Sachi and her two children, investigating the spade.

So many tyres! All over the floor. 

We made a Baby Head Pie. And yes, there is a (plastic) baby head in the pie.

Such freedom to roam at The Land.

It was lovely to meet Sachi and her family at The Land today. Sachi tells me that a lot of the adventure playgrounds in Japan are temporary so they would have to tidy up at the end. That sounds like a Pop-Up Adventure Playground to me! Anyway, she was definitely very taken by the permanence of The Land and had completely lost track of time while she was there, playing with her kids.

I'm quite tired from a day of adventure play and PhDing (which I did this morning) and now I think it's time to sleep. It's been a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)