Thursday, 30 April 2015

A Few Days in Paradise

I've been to the Virgin Islands. I can't quite believe that this statement is true, and even when I was standing in the middle of this beautiful paradise, I wasn't really sure whether I was deserving of such beauty. It both took my breath away, and filled me with anxiety at the same time: surely a person like me shouldn't be in a place like this. But of course, I was there, and I really loved it. Here are some photos:

This was my first glimpse of the beauty, after a night of deep sleep. The colours and the textures made my eyes constantly want to look, as if hungry to digest everything that I could see.

Look at the palm trees and the blue skies!

Here I am, on the beach, excited and hot!

What a beautiful place. Oh my.

I was there for 4 days for my friend's wedding, and I'm so glad that I was invited. It's a place that I would never have dreamed of going to, and probably won't ever get the chance to go back. But I am so deeply thankful for the once in a lifetime opportunity of being there, to see with my own eyes that paradise like this really exists, and not just photoshopped in a magazine. This is a memory that will stay with me for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)