Friday, 10 April 2015

A Nature Day with Nina and Hannah

Hannah and Nina came to play today. Since it was their Easter holidays, we set up an egg hunt for them. I bought everything and then let Dad do all the egg filling and hiding - here's a collage of the hunt:


After lunch, we went on some serious adventures. It was a lovely day outside today, so we spent the afternoon exploring nature:

First we went to the river to find treasures. We had fun looking for pretty rocks and old pottery.

Then we went to the park to climb trees. My dad decided to give it a go too!

Then we built a den in the woods. This is the camping house, complete with table, fire and door.

I didn't take nearly as many photos today as I wanted to, but I really enjoyed interacting with Hannah and Nina today. Although we went to the same park that we did last time, and the time before, they have expanded their play needs beyond the fixed play equipment, finding excitement in the natural spaces of the park. I'm really excited to be part of this, and hope that I get to be part of this again :) Thanks for coming to play again, Nina and Hannah!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day and excellent den. It's like you have had a lot of practice or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are lovely, Lesley! Thanks for the message and yes - I make sure to hone my den building skills whenever I can. You never know when you need a temporary shelter! :D

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)