Saturday, 13 June 2015

A Few Days in London

I went down to London to hang out with my sister and Bugsy for a few days. It was more of a visit than a holiday, so I did my work while she was at work, and when she came home, we hung out. We also managed to squeeze some time to go to Camden Market, and I can't believe that I've never before. Here are some photos:

Here I am with my sister. It was very muggy in London on that day - it was trying to rain. We were next to Camden Locks.

Camden is full of little shops and stalls that sell lots of cool things.

The colours in this shop really appealed to me.

There was some wonderful architecture. This is carved from wood and found in the foyer of a restaurant.

This is one of the many beautiful carvings at the Horse Tunnel Markets.

I'm totally going to go back to Camden Market to explore it some more - it's everything that I ever wanted out of shopping! From clothes, to lamps, artwork to books - I think I could spend a whole day there, easily, and eat well too! It has the feeling of the Hong Kong markets without the chaos or heat, and with more colour and vibrancy than I've seen in a long time. I had a lot of fun there with my sister, just marveling at what you could purchase. I'm definitely going back.

Anyway, so here are some photos of Bugsy the bunny, one of the most famous bunnies that I know.

Here he is, ready to do some hopping.

This is the stillest and closest I've ever been to Bugsy. I may one day have to frame this photo.

Here he is again, posing for me.

And this is his most regal pose. I love this bunny.

I had a good time to London. Managed to make a quiche while I was there too! It was great to spend some time with my sister - I'd realised we hadn't spent so much time on our own together since waaaay before she was married, so that's like 4 or 5 years ago now. So this has been a long time coming and I'm glad that my work is flexible enough to enable me to be anywhere at any time. 

I'll be back down to London to visit my sister again soon for her Baby Shower! More on that soon! :) Now for some tv in bed - hoorah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)