Saturday, 6 June 2015

My Little Niece

After 1 bus, 2 tubes, 4 trains and a couple of short car journeys, I managed to get myself down to Oxford to see my brand new niece, Alexis. Some of you may think I was a little insane for making this journey, but it was mostly because I had to pop up to Leeds to see my PhD supervisory team before going down south. And yes, I knew there was a direct train going from Leeds to Oxford, but no, I am not willing to pay three figures for any train trip. I could have flown for that price! (Speak to me directly for a more in depth rant. :) )

Anyway, my little niece is lovely. She's only small and her life priorities are food and sleep at the moment, but that's okay. She was a joy to be around. Here are some photos:

Here's little Lexi, having a little sleep on top of me, curled up like a ball.

Here she is, after we had a walk in the pram. Great sleep pose.

Here's Lexi after she woke up. That is an intense face.

Now here she is, giving me the stink eye. She was hungry.

Here we are, best selfie ever.

And here is the happy little family. Well, Clem and Fiona are happy, Lexi is... hungry. Haha.

My brother and sister-in-law are doing great, learning fast and getting used to their new hungry little person. They looked like they had everything under control, and I was really proud of them both for doing so well! Aww. They're all awesome.

It's been so lovely to meet the new member of our family. It made the epic 4-train journey all the more worth it. I'm going down south again next week, and hopefully will get to have a little peek of my little niece then, but for now, I'll have to be content with all these photos and the joy a tiny person brings, even if she is just mostly crying.

Welcome to the world again my little niece. Your parents love you, and so do I.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)