Sunday, 26 July 2015

Leveling Up

It was my birthday today, and long beforehand, I had already planned to spend a day doing things for other people. I didn't know what it would be at first, but I eventually settled on the following:

Part 1) - I did a car boot sale
I haven't done one of these for a long time, but we had some residual things to get rid of from the house move last year. So my parents and I gathered them everything up and woke up at the crack of dawn this morning to attend a local car boot sale to sell as much as we could. The money we earned from this would be donated to two of my favourite charities at the moment (that aren't Pop-Up). It had a lovely biblical poetry about this, so I really wanted to do all I could today to raise as much money as I could.

This is me at the car boot sale with my mum manning the shop.

Part 2) - I invested my earnings
We earned about £40 at the car boot sale. One half I'm donating to the Boaz Trust, the charity I have been supporting since October by cooking food for asylum seekers. And the other half, I am donating to the Porch Boxes Project, a local charity that acts as a food bank type place for those who don't have anything. To do this donation, my mum and I took my newly earned £20 to a supermarket and bought as much as we could with it. My mum and dad help out at this charity every Wednesday, so they will be taking all my goods to the warehouse to be distributed.

Here's me, surrounded by canned good, ready for donation.

Part 3) - I had an indoor barbecue
My parents surprised me by buying in a bunch of seafood just for my birthday, eventhough I asked them not to do anything - how sweet! We were going to barbecue outside, but it started to rain really badly, so we had an indoor barbecue instead. It was awesome.

Here are the rentals, yes that is an indoor barbecue and on the barbecue is an Oyster, a massive prawn, chicken wings and sausages.

I spent the rest of my evening quietly doodling and watching TV, wearing the chicken hat that my sister and brother-in-law bought me. What is this hat, you might ask? Well here it is:

New favourite hat! Yes!

It was a nice, chilled out day and I'm really happy to have spent the day doing things for others with my rentals. It feel good for my insides, spending a day that wasn't really thinking about me. I may be growing older, but I hope I'm getting awesomer in the process. Happy birthday me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)