Thursday, 27 August 2015

GBBO 2015 - Bread Week

I was most definitely late with this week's Bake Off bake. I haven't been at home (I've been adventuring!) so I've had no access to kitchens for a while. I decided to rectify the situation by avoiding the next episode in the series until I had done my baking, so today, I baked me a yeast-free free-standing loaf.

This is a simple soda bread that took less than an hour to make overall!

I'm really surprised at how well this loaf turned out - crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. I had basically no time to prepare and was stood in the supermarket guessing what ingredients I needed. I opted for the simple soda bread because I wanted to know what the bake looked like before I started messing about with the flavours. I'm pleasantly surprised at how bread like it is, and also how quick it was to make! I shall be doing more of these in the future!

Yay for soda bread, and yay for having a few vague instincts about baking, at last! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)