Monday, 31 August 2015

GBBO 2015 - Dessert Week

I've finally caught up with Bake Off having lagged behind with Bread Week. It was Dessert week this time and I had the choice between Creme Brulee, something that can only be described as a meringue mountain, and a stack of three baked cheesecakes. After much deliberation (and lamenting of the dietary requirements of my parents) I went with the stack of cheesecakes. I chose this recipe (minus the topping) and this is how they looked:

Here they are, three cheesecakes, cooling down from a spell in the oven.

Here is the littlest one, out of its case and ready for eating. Looks a bit like a custard tart here.

And to complete the challenge - here is my stack of 3, helpfully modelled by my parents!

My lemon cheesecakes turned out to be delicious! My mum and dad totally approved of them because they weren't too sweet, and the flavours were just right. I didn't formally stack the cheesecakes because we couldn't possibly eat all three of these bad boys, so I delivered one of them to my friend who happens to live down the road (hello Becky!). We completely devoured the tiny one just beforehand. I'll have the massive one to work through tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it!

I've never made a baked cheesecake before, so I'm really pleased with how these turned out. Next time I will find a non-fluted cake case to bake my cheesecake in, for authenticity. Right now, I'm just pleased I managed to get the wobble right, and make my first batch of cheesecakes! Yaaay! :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally thought the fluted pans were a design choice. Until you mentioned otherwise, I was sitting here thinking how clever it was - instant pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the fluted pans did make it look kinda pretty! Like flowers! Okay, well, I'm sticking with it then! :D

      Delete

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)