Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Zan On Tour 2015 - Costa Rica

Morgan, Andy and I have just spent 4 days in Costa Rica while on tour with Pop-Up Adventure Play. It was only a short trip, but we managed to fit some fun in too - playworkers have to play! Our hosts in Costa Rica took us to La Paz Waterfall Gardens which were absolutely beautiful! Here are some photos:

Here I am with a local cow

Here's me and a beautiful waterfall.

Here's Andy with a toucan - they were SO cool.

Here is a hummingbird. One of so many attempts to take a decent photo of these speedy fliers!

We also managed to eat some glorious food recommended by something called a torta chilena which is officially my new favourite cake! Our hosts took us up the nearby mountain for food, just to show us this view:

It was absolutely stunning. I promised myself that I would come back again one day, just for this view. And maybe some torte chilena!

We of course met so many wonderful people while we were in Costa Rica. I was humbled at the passion that the Ticos had for play, and how attentive they were to our every word. Both the Pop-Up and the workshop we ran in Costa Rica were really successful, with photos on the Pop-Ups facebook page. I wish so much that we could have spent more time with these folk, learning about their settings and finding out better how we can help them. I know that we will be working on loads of new things in the future, so I may well be sharing more photos of Costa Rica in the future!

Some risky play happening here - such poise!

I feel really thankful to have been to Costa Rica, and to meet friends for the first time in person despite many years of talking on Skype. I'm so excited for future plans with these lovely people, and if nothing else will definitely go back for lots more cake. Hoorah for adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)