Friday, 13 November 2015

Zan On Tour 2015 - Circumference

The official circumference of the earth is 24,901 miles. That's more than twice the journey I did last year when we drove around the US.

When I arrived in Singapore a few days ago, I did some maths. According to my notes, Morgan and I will have traveled 27,856.91 miles (±100 miles) (yes, I like to round to 2 decimal places) on arrival in Singapore. This is astonishing to me. The main reason is because it hadn't occurred to me that this distance would be possible to complete by little old me within 6 weeks of travel. This also makes me laugh because I haven't even completed this adventure yet and we're only technically half way around the world and we've already done more than what I had expected. This is pretty big.

One more time, for me more than anyone else: I have traveled on the Pop-Ups World Tour 2015, in miles, a longer distance than the circumference of the earth. Woah.

I'm not sure what to do with this information, but I know I feel pretty excited. So here is a photo of me, excited, with a colourful hippo in Singapore. More thoughts to come! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)