Friday, 22 January 2016

Onwards to Year Four

Three years ago, I started a PhD. I'd signed up for a part time doctoral study in play at Leeds Beckett University which, at the time I thought I was a little mad for choosing. Yesterday, I was cleared to start my 4th year. I think I'm just embracing the madness now.

They said good things - I sorta let the feeling wash over me for a bit, not wanting to really believe that they were being positive. I've not been told I've done well in my studies for far too long, but these two old bearded dudes were saying that I was doing well. So I must have been. I'm now exactly half way through my PhD, and if all goes well, I graduate (again) in 2018. Three years ago, that seemed to be a lifetime away. Three years on, it still feels like someone's putting my brain through the grey matter version of the Krypton Factor, and that end goal is still ridiculously out of reach.

Taking that first breath of fresh air after a stressful 14 minutes in a small room, I relaxed a little and headed over to see my friend Nadia who's up north for a little while. We decided to wander round the shops and then grab some fish and chips to celebrate completing another year at uni. Here are some pics:

This is Drakes - a really yummy chippy in Bradford. I loved the stained glass windows (must be a nightmare to clean) and the shop front layout.

Here we are with our fish and chips with a side of mushy peas, curry, sausage and tea. And yes, that is bread for compiling one of my favourites - a chip butty! Nom nom nom.

It was awesome to hang out with Nadia. I've know her since I was 12 and it's been such a great friendship. She's lovely to be around, and even though she moved down to Oxford years ago, it doesn't really feel like we spent any time apart. I'm feel so blessed to have her around, especially in the next few months. I'm looking forward to many more years of hanging out to come!

Thanks for celebrating the end of my third year and beginning of my fourth year with me Nadia. May there be many more yummy meals to come! :) Hoorah for another year of studies down, and another about to begin. I don't think I'm ready, but bring it on anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)