Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Walking in the Woods

After 12 days of focusing all my mind to my PhD, I decided enough was enough. I needed a break, so I decided to go for a walk. I took my camera and my phone, jumped in my car with my wellies and visited a country park nearby. Eventhough it was cold, I went to clear my mind, readjust my brain and reconnect with the little things in life. Here are some photos:

It was a little muddy today. After the Boxing Day floods, the local areas haven't really recovered yet.

Here are some ducks, having quite a squabble actually.

This, I reckon, could be a piece of artwork - where water is smooth and glass like on one side, and frantic wildness on the other.

I found some extraordinary mushrooms today! That bottom one was huge!

Here are more mushrooms - these ones look really cheerful

And this. A water droplet hanging from holly. Probably another artsy language used here too. I just reckon is was a nice photo.

It felt great to be outside and not thinking about transcripts and essays and progression meetings and scary people who know more than me. Today, for a glorious 2 hours, there wasn't much I could do that was wrong, there wasn't any deadline, and there was no pressure to conform to any mold. No, today, I was able to be myself, to unwind and think only about me, about the natural world around me, and worry only about keeping my own wellies on my feet. It was lovely. I breathed for the first time in weeks, and I felt much better for it. 

I guess here's a reason why I advocate for play, for everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)