Sunday, 24 July 2016

A Day in the Lakes

My friend Andy and I decided to go for an day trip to celebrate my up-and-coming birthday, and just because sometimes you just have to adventure. We chose to go to the Lake District so we aimed the car in that general direction and set off. We ended up at Lake Windermere and drove all the way around it, stopping at intervals to look at fun random things. Here are some photos:

Here's the road train that took us from the car park and back in Bowness. It had the cheesiest commentary ever, hahaa.

We celebrated in style at had afternoon tea for lunch at The World of Beatrix Potter. Really great value for money, I might add! And the scones were delicious! :)

Here was the view at Lakeside, where there's basically nothing apart from a steam train and an aquarium! Ha!

This is Wray Castle and has to be the best looking castle I have ever seen! I totally wanted to live there - it had its own private access to Lake Windermere which is open to public all year round!

Here's the view from Ambleside, just as we were heading off home. The sun came out and the skies cleared just as we pulled up. A lovely end to our adventure.

And here's me and Andy, enjoying a few more moments of quiet before debating about what carb-based product I would make him eat for tea.

We also did a bit of shopping, visited Hill Top (one of Beatrix Potter's houses), saw a steam engine set off, hugged a tree and watched a lady almost fall into the lake. Good times! :)

I had a lovely day in the Lake District. I always look at photos of the area and think that they must be photoshopped, or some artist has just put their glorious spin on the scenery, but no - the views around here are in fact beautiful, and I hope to come back again soon to admire them all over again. I loved this point-in-a-direction-and-go kind of adventure - we'll have to do it again soon! :) May there be many more mini adventures in our future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)