Saturday, 15 October 2016

Bake Off 2016 - Tudor Week

This week's options for the Bake Off Bake Along were interesting, all with the theme of Tudor bakes from back in the day. The first was a series of pretty tudor pies, the second was some biscuits called "Jumbles" and the third one was a decorative marzipan centerpiece. I actually wanted to make them all, but I ended up tackling the jumbles for practical eating reasons. 

The mixture for the jumbles wasn't that difficult, but the recommended decorative shapes were tricky. It took a long while to work out the double knot (not entirely sure why) and I could have done the full Celtic knot better (with more overlaps with the circle). Anyway, here are my finished jumbles:

Ta dah! I think they look quite pretty :)

This one was my favourite I think! :)

I didn't have all the spices for the actual recipe so I just put lemon and orange zest in, as well as some cinnamon. Turned out pretty tasty - crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. I think I'd like to experiment with more flavours and try this again another time. And I reckon I'll make a marzipan centerpiece for Christmas. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)